Date(s) - 02/03/2018 - 02/25/2018
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Omni212 IT Training
Omni212 Latest IT Training Schedule
Ask how you can save $50 off the published ticket price.
We have 6 Big Data and hadoop weekend only classes starting from January 6 through April 8, 2018. You can register for any of these classes. Please see the appropriate ticket type for each class.
New Classes starting:
- Jan 6-20, 2018
- Jan 20-Feb 11, 2018
3, Feb 3-25, 2018
- Feb 17-Mar 11, 2018
- Mar 3-25, 2018
- Mar 17-Apr 8
Weekly Schedule for each class
Weekend only – Sat,Sun | 8am-10am Pacific each day
Video Conference link for the Training
Will be sent upon Registration and Payment
Why Big Data Training from Omni212?
- Omni212 is a Hortonworks Hadoop Consulting Partner.
- Certifed Hadoop instructors teach this class.
- Cloud account on Microsoft Azure with Hands-on lab exercises under the guidance of two experienced big data, hadoop instructors.
- Post class support and access to class materials on the cloud available for one year.
- Career advancement and Job placement assistance
- Course completion certificate available upon request.
Desired but not required – exposure to, working proficiency of BI, sql, scripting, how to handle and manage data and databases, using Excel.
Every session will have presentation about theory, concepts and technology, followed by Hands-on Lab practice exercises.
Each student will have access to a login account on the cloud, Microsoft Azure, where they can install Hadoop on a cloud virtual machine and perform hands-on lab exercises with instructor guidance. There will be two experienced big data, hadoop instructors supporting the students throughout the class.
Each session will be recorded and the recordings will be shared after each session with students.
Class recordings, training manuals and lab material will be available to students for one year after the date of completion of the course.
Session 1: Big Data Basics
- An Introduction to Big Data?
- Why Big Data? Why now?
- The Three Dimensions of Big Data (Three Vs)
- Evolution of Big Data
- Big Data versus Traditional RDBMS Databases
- Big Data versus Traditional BI and Analytics
- Big Data versus Traditional Storage
- Key Challenges in Big Data adoption
- Benefits of adoption of Big Data
- Introduction to Big Data Technology Stack
- Apache Hadoop Framework
- Introduction to Microsoft HDInsight – Microsoft’s Big Data Service
- Creating Azure Storage Account
- Creating HDInsight Cluster
- Using services on HDInsight Cluster
Session 2: The Big Data Technology Stack
- Basics of Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Basics of Hadoop Distributed Processing (Map Reduce Jobs)
- Loading files to Azure storage account
- Moving files across HDInsight Cluster
- Remote Access to Azure Storage Account and HDInsight Cluster
Session 3: Deep dive into Hadoop Storage System (HDFS) (1 Hour)
- Reading files with HDFS
- Writing files with HDFS
- Error Handling
- Accessing Hadoop configuration files using HDInsight Cluster
Session 4: Processing Big Data –MapReduce and YARN
- How MapReduce works
- Handling Common Errors
- Bottlenecks with MapReduce
- How YARN (MapReduceV2) works
- Difference between MR1 and MR2
- Error Handling
- Running a simple MapReduce application (word count)
- Running a custom MapReduce application (census data)
- Running MapReduce via PowerShell
- Running a MapReduce application using PowerShell
- Monitoring application status
Session 5: Big Data Development Framework
- Introduction to HIVE
- Introduction to PIG
- Loading the data into HIVE
- Submitting Pig jobs using HDInsight
- Submitting Pig jobs via PowerShell
Session 6: Big Data Integration and Management
- Big Data Integration using Polybase
- Big Data Management using Ambari
- Fetching HDInsight data into SQL
- Using Ambari for managing HDInsight cluster
Session 7: Big Data – BI and Reporting using Power BI
- Introduction to Power BI
- Usual workflow of Power BI
- Power BI Ecosystem
- Getting Data into Power BI
- Reports vs Dashboards
- Additional elements of Power BI Reports
- Fetching HDInsight Data into Power BI desktop
- Data Modelling using Power BI desktop
- Creating reports using Power BI desktop
Session 8: PowerBI.com services – Deep dive
- Power BI Dashboards
- Natural Language Query
- Power BI Workspaces – Personal and Group Workspaces
- Sharing using OneDrive for Business
- Publishing reports to Powerbi.com
- Sharing reports using OneDrive for Business
End-to-End Use Case Implementation- Lab Exercise:
- Use case -Healthcare Analytics using Hadoop framework through Microsoft HDInsight and Power BI
Class Size: Maximum 22
- There will be no refunds.
- If a class is not taken for any reason, purchase price can be applied toward any published future class by Omni212 of equal or lesser value.
Our Big Data Consulting Projects Showcase
Learn more about our Big Data Consulting projects showcase:
Our Corporate Training Offering
Learn more about our Corporate Training offering:
- AJ, Deputy CIO, City of Phoenix – Well published labs, class notes and videotaping of all classes. (evaluation score 4.9/5.0)
- Henry Figueroa, Business Analyst – Great job! I cannot sign up for your upcoming hacking course and others due to another scheduled training commitment, but will consider future schedules as they come. (evaluation score 4.95/5.0
Omni212 Prime membership
Now become an Omni212 Prime member and get $100 off every training course published by Omni212 on eventbrite
Sign up for Omni212 Prime membership: http://bit.ly/2yT72Qu
To see all currently published Omni212 courses in eventbrite, type your city name and ‘Omni212’ in the evenbrite search box.
Now you can enjoy unlimited training from Omni212. Find out more about our Unlimited training Plan: